Tuesday, March 5, 2013

It's Finally Happening...


After 4 long and I mean super long months, we have finally found a place to live!  Over the moon excited cannot even express my joy and happiness!  We are moving to a small little burb near the water, which we love.  Good school district, a Target that is somewhat close, 8.3 miles to be exact.  I'll take it!  We get the keys this week and plan on moving small things in for the moment and then next week we will get everything out of storage.
 
I cannot wait to be in my own bed, see all my stuff, get the boys settled, and of course Will cannot wait to see all his toys.  The boys are going to actually have a play area other than their room, which will be all sorts of amazing.  I might not see Will for a whole day because he will be amongst all his books and things.  Anxiety about being here, is slowly fading because we will be in our own place and space.
 
Unfortunately, the move is about 35 minutes from Will's school.  So, this is his last week there.  I never thought I would be doing this, but I am going to be home schooling him for the last two months of his preschool career.  I have done a lot of research, by that I mean pinning amazing ideas from pinterest to do with Will.  We will continue the writing and coloring daily, which he is starting to get into.  But, I thought I would make it specialized to his interests.  So..we will do a unit on dinosaurs, which I found some wonderful crafts on and marine life as well.  And as far as the socialization goes we are going to enroll him in  a couple classes through parks and recreation.  Lew and I just felt that putting him into another school would be too much on him emotionally.  I see trips into the city, visiting bloggy friends at museums, and lots of good things in store for us.
 
Today...we are getting lots of snow, I'm with my babies, Lew is going to come home early, and packing has begun.  There is a lot to be grateful for.
 
 

 baby toes
 
 

 warm fuzzy hats and an awesome sweater from their favorite auntie
 
 
 a giant snowman that you can climb on
 
 
 sledding on a 99cent saucer sled courtesy of our old target then warming up with hot cocoa, check mix and some vintage game boy
 
 
 snuggling with our stuffed dog lew, named after daddy
 
 
 brotherly love that really is lovely
 
 
 snow angel and snowmen with awesome daddy
 
 
watching the snow and the plow truck....

6 comments:

Natalie said...

YAY! That is so exciting for you guys!

Anonymous said...

woohoo that is wonderful news!! So excited for you all!

Clare said...

this is so exciting!!! i know it will just be so great to be in your own space;) i think the school thing is smart. too much change, and then to transition to K too in six months. It is a lot! i think keep him close, do some adventures and just let him settle in with you!!

Barbara said...

Such great news and such sweet pictures!

Liz Mays said...

This is such wonderful news and the excitement in your voice is sooooo very evident that it makes me even happier for you!

amanda said...

i am so super happy for you friend! this is going to make such a huge difference!! hope the first day with keys was all sorts of awesome!!