Thursday, December 20, 2012
I can't believe Christmas is in 5 days! Where did the time go? It seems the holidays are coming and going in a flash. Seeing smiling faces from my boys on Christmas morning will be priceless. I really live for their happiness, it makes all the icky stuff seem pointless.
I am hoping we will check out Christmas lights on Christmas Eve night, like my parents did with us. A tradition that never grows old. Santa will surely find his way with the brightest of lights. My 7 year old self remembers those drives like they were yesterday. So much wonder and imagination at that age, I hope my boys believe for a long time.
Let us soak up these last 5 days, and remember what our 7 year old self enjoyed about Christmas.
Monday, December 17, 2012
- i was so utterly sad when i heard about the school in CT. i can't even imagine and i just pray for everyone involved. my sweet Will is almost that age. it just breaks my heart.
- we had a stomach bug last week. boo. my sister came right in the midst of it all. so thankful she didn't run for the hills. regardless of the bug, i was so happy to spend time with her. she really is like a second mom to me.
- the boys and i are going to VA. the day after Christmas to see my family! i will be traveling on my own, with two little ones, keep your fingers crossed.
- santa has wrapped a lot and has to get some stocking stuffers. he is on a roll!
- the annual let's make Christmas cookies hasn't happened because of said stomach bug. maybe we will try and squeeze in a batch this week.
- Will got sick an 2 hours after his school Christmas program. that was my main goal, to get us through it.
- Eli clearly is my little rebel baby. runs, jumps, and climbs everything. in one week he busted his lip, twice, got a black eye and gave himself an egg on his head. but, he keeps on going.
- still adjusting here. it can be quite lonely. i wish that i already had friends here. i think once i can get some clients, then i might feel better about this all. i just keep telling myself, everything happens for a reason. there is a reason, Lew got transferred here over GA.
An oldie but a goodie...my sweet boys
Wednesday, December 5, 2012
Wednesday, November 28, 2012
- Tree is up. I love this time of year. Which makes it harder being away from home. The real home. I did some black Friday shopping. Totally crazy! People are seriously serious about getting their deals. All I went out for was legos. Santa is pretty much done with Will. We are, I mean Santa is debating on the whole big boy bike thing. I always got that big present on Christmas. Partly because, there were three older siblings and my parents only splurged on Christmas. I feel like Will does get a lot, but Christmas always meant so much to my mom. So, I tend to go overboard. I think Santa might bring Eli a ball pit, which I know he will love. I am debating on the whole Christmas cards this year. I really am not feeling it. Maybe because we are still unsettled.
- My business cards have shipped! Hooray! So excited for them to finally get here. Once they come, I am going to hit some of the hot spots. As much as I would like to go into a gym, it is not really practical with two little ones. A Personal Training studio would be better, so that I can work my hours around Lew's schedule.
- I have done quite a bit of online shopping. I have to say, it can be addicting! My niece requested suspenders and nerd glasses! I thought it was hilarious but, it is definitely her. Can't wait to see her face when she opens them up.
- The plan is for the boys and I to go back to VA the day after Christmas, I think I am totally crazy for doing this. By myself.
- Will watched Home Alone yesterday and loved it! I knew he would. He is actually trying to create booby traps around the house. Too funny.
- Will is full on writing his name. I know some 4 year olds have been doing it for awhile, but he never showed interest in coloring or writing. It is so amazing! I can't believe he is doing it. His teacher is amazing and actually does one on one writing lessons with each kid. We got a new app that is helping him spell and learn sounds of the basic sight words. He is doing great on that as well.
- I decided Eli might be getting too much sleep during the day hence the 4:30 wake up calls. So, I took out the morning nap. I feel like, he is still so young, but I wasn't sure what else to do. He is doing pretty good so far. The last two days he was gotten up at 7 and today 6. Then I try and get him to nap around 12:30 and he has been sleeping tell about 3 or 3:30. Then bed around 8. Once we are a week in, I am hoping that he will get the hang of it.
- My sister is in the Bahamas. Miss her even more because we haven't been able to do any face time. She definitely needed a little relaxation.
- Just finished reading Easy. Really good. Easy read, that you won't want to put down. I have a ton of books that I want to read, but haven't really been motivated.
- Did I tell you that I was making Will's stocking? Yeah..it's slowed down to a crawl. If I want this to be done, then I really have to kick it into high gear.
Off to enjoy some peace and quiet while the baby is napping.
Saturday, November 24, 2012
There has been a major lack of posting on my part. I get motivated and then I don't. Total slacker. Trying to get in the groove is really hard. I have had a couple of mini break downs. Missing my sister, missing our old neighborhood, and missing my day to day routine. I am really hoping once my business cards get here, and I can get them out, that I can get some Personal Training started again.
I did go on an interview, and I guess I didn't get the memo to go barefoot because the owner was. Totally weird. He just did a weight class too. I told my sister he reminded me of some guy stuck in the 80's. He didn't have any clients for me. Not sure why he interviewed me. Pointless and I felt sorry for him because the place has so much potential. I love working and right now, I feel like I am going in slow motion.
Will has good and bad days. He misses home now. Wants to go back to Maryland. He has been in school for a week but with the holiday, he hasn't had time to really get in a groove. I found a kid's play place, so hoping we can get there this week. He is also getting really good at riding his bike. So, we think since his birthday is in January, that we will graduate him to a big boy bike. Can't believe he will be 5!
Eli. Where do I begin. He is getting a whole bunch of teeth. Wakes up at the butt crack of dawn. Is very attached to mommy. Is warming up to his Nana and Uncle Nick. Throws his food when he is done. Could drink milk all day long.
Visited the dr. yesterday and it looks like the tendons in my ankle are completely inflammed. Not good. This is the ankle I broke and it has never fully healed right. Going to see an ortho doctor this week sometime. Boo.
Santa has been busy here. He told me, Will is finished. Eli is just getting started. Tree is up. Stockings are hung. Navy blue reindeer ties have been bought for Santa visit. Online shopping has been my therapy. Kind of dangerous.
Hoping to not be such a slacker and get motivated again.
Tuesday, November 13, 2012
Tuesday, November 6, 2012
Is it weird to say, that I kind of feel like I am on vacation and this is not real? Because, that is how I feel. A tad overwhelmed and slightly scared.
I went to the grocery store by myself yesterday. I felt like a stranger. Like, why are all these people staring at me. Truth is, I fit right in. Maybe that's my problem.
Found Will's perfect preschool yesterday. Like it's the preschool I have been dreaming of for him. Small, with an amazing teacher and super nice staff. Once he goes to school, maybe it will feel real for me.
Today is Lew's first day of work. The kicker. He wasn't nervous. He has nerves of steel. I have sent my resume to a couple gyms and personal training studios and I my heart is palpitating. I really hope he has a great day. I am anxious for him.
We decided we definitely want to buy within the next couple of months, rather than rent. So. We are staying with nana until then. We have already gotten in touch with a realtor and have started the process. I would love to live in down town Palatine, because it has the most wonderful historic houses. I even told Lew, I would take a cottage. Just to be down town. I can't wait to have our own place that is ours. That I can put our stamp on it.
On tap for today, going to the park. Bundled up. Eli is not a fan of his coat, his hat, or his mittens. Guess he will have to learn quickly to love it. Will wants to know when the snow is coming so he can put on his snow pants. Sometimes, I wish I was the kid. Just go with the flow and play. The life.
1. Bundled my little marsh mellows up for a little exercise in the cold. Good times. 2. Eli channeling his Chicago roots. 3. My sweet robin all bundled up underneath his costume.. 4. I was informed by Will that I had to Mommy cat. 5. Batman off to save the day...and get more candy. He was so funny. He would say trick or treat and then say..."I'm Batman!' 6. Ooops missed a picture. Eli who loves taking my wallet and credit cards. Actually lost and found a card in a matter of minutes at a store. Even more good times.
Monday, October 29, 2012
Friday, October 26, 2012
Ready or not, this is happening.
Boys under our favorite tree.
Next time I write, we will be in Chicago. High of 40 something on Sunday. Oh boy.
Sunday, October 21, 2012
Tuesday, October 16, 2012
Pape with his kids...Thing 1 and Thing 2 cupcakes...Pape bribing Eli with food for a smoochie...First cupcake, yummy...Doing silly pictures with the kids...Just being sisters...Hmmm, this is pretty good...Mommy getting her pose on (something my 14 year old niece does on instagram, all the time)...Thing 1 and Thing 2 cookies...Diving into the cupcake, he actually didn't really enjoy it as much as Will....More kissy face poses...Mimi and JJ photo boothing it...
It is so hard to weed through a gazillion photos, but I am hoping to get some more up soon!
Sunday, October 14, 2012
Thursday, October 11, 2012
Monday, October 8, 2012
that we would be moving to Chicago...
that we will be there just in time for Halloween...
that packing can be somewhat therapeutic...
that finding a place to live, is a lot harder than we thought...
that nana would be so amazingly awesome and be such a big help...
that Will is definitely showing signs of feeling the "stress" of a move...
that he would be so amazingly snuggle-ble when daddy had to work late...
that my almost 1 year old has been walking, climbing, standing on furniture for the last two months...
that he is definitely a bit of a dare devil and has no fear...(yes..everything is child proof)
that we would be having Eli's birthday this weekend...
daddy would be willing to part with "bachelor" stuff...
you could be excited, nervous, and scared all at the same time...
you could miss family and friends so much, and you haven't even left yet.
Monday, October 1, 2012
At first Will wanted to be a T-Rex and I had found the perfect costume! Eli would be a Triceratops, so I could have two of the sweetest dinosaurs.
Enter Halloween store and everything changes. Will saw Batman and had to be it. He has never watched Batman, only heard of him from his friends at school. But, the fascination started and now Will's world is engulfed in everything Batman. "Mom, can we watch Batman on TV, Mom can we go down the Batman isle at the store, Mom can I watch Batman on the computer?" The obsession begins.
Of course, I have to use having two boys to my advantage and be all matchy matchy. So, Eli is now Batman's famous side kick, Robin. I know in a couple of years, they will voice their opinions more and I won't be able to get this clever with costumes. I am running with it while I can and totally loving it.
I mean, I think I have the cutest Batman and Robin around! Who knew Robin loved his binki so much?!
Wednesday, September 26, 2012
- Right now I am watching Dance Moms reunion. Why? I don't know. Total entertainment. Another show I started watching, Breaking Amish. Addicting.
- I took Will to school today and the parking lot was empty. Hello, holiday. Will was quite upset. That's how much he loves school.
- Finished my Christmas shopping for Will today. I am sure I will pick up a few things but, the big stuff is DONE. Yeah!
- Is there such thing as fall allergies? Because I totally think I have them. Lew said they don't exist.
- Eli still wakes at night. Not sure why. He walks, climbs and is non-stop. By the end of the day, I am exhausted. But, he still wakes. Sometimes he falls back to sleep, other times I give water bottles to him. A sip of that and he is back to sleep. I have to say he is a totally different baby from Will.
- Will ate pancakes last night. Doesn't seem like much but, being sick his whole second year of life, really screwed up his eating habits. So. I take what I can get.
- This transfer/move is stressful and exhausting. Lew found out that his boss, wasn't doing some follow ups that he said he was doing and Lew missed out on some opportunities. So, Lew has taken it all into his own hands.
- I have started planning Eli's birthday party. It is going to be Dr. Seuss themed! I will post a pic of the invite, it turned out so cute!
- Cleaning...what's that? I am a total neat freak but lately, I just don't care. With two little ones, there is always something else to do. Vacuum...ha. That happens once a week, maybe twice if I am lucky.
- My sister got sick last week and ended up having to have surgery. It makes me realize how much I love her, and when we move, I will not be able to run to her side like I did. Being a grown up stinks sometimes. It also makes me miss my mom.
- Have you watched Parenthood? LOVE. Has to be my favorite show.
- Just got a new crock pot, one pot meals make me happy.
- Finally have started to pamper myself a little. I always feel so guilty buying myself something, even if I really need it. I haven't bought myself new sweaters/winter clothes in years. Yesterday. I bought myself 3 sweaters! It felt good and I didn't second guess myself, because I do NEED them.
- Being a mom, has to be one of the hardest jobs. It makes me wonder how my mom did it all. She worked and still managed to make me feel special. I hope I am as great as she was.
Monday, September 24, 2012
Monday, September 17, 2012
Now, with Mr. Eli, he really makes me anxious. He was crawling early, and started pulling up on things by the time he was 7 months. Started walking last month at 9.5 months. Hello...ANXIETY! I have to say, I have gotten better about bumps and bruises with him. A little bit calmer, but the nervousness is still there.
Until this weekend. My little, sweet, precious, dare devil Eli was walking around like the drunkin' sailor and scared the crap out of me. I was washing dishes and I hear him padding around behind me, and the next thing I know, he has pulled the over door open on himself! He is tall, so he reached on the dish towel that was wrapped over the bar and pulled!
At first I thought for sure he knocked his bottom two teeth out, because they just looked pulled forward. He was crying hysterically and his bottom lip was a bit swollen. No blood, no bruising. But, mama was totally freaked out. He wouldn't let me stick my finger in his mouth to check the teeth, so I decided to take him to the doctor.
At this point, I am so tense, totally freaking out that my baby messed up his teeth. And then I am blaming myself for not locking the oven door. When the doctor checked him out, he probably thought I was crazy because he said he looked fine.
It is so strange to me how my anxiety totally took over and I never took a moment to analyze the situation. My baby was fine. But, in my mind it felt like the world was crumbling. This is the first time, I really freaked out with Eli. I am hoping that the next time something happens, I can walk myself through it a little better.
Because after all, I have two rambunctious boys. I think I need to start doing Yoga again!
Thursday, September 13, 2012
Tuesday, September 11, 2012
Friday, August 31, 2012
Sunday, August 26, 2012
We have had fun showing Eli our little gem the last couple of months. He loves the swings and this last trip he walked across the "shaky" bridge with mommy's help. He got to drive the fire truck and it's big ole' wheel greatness. He loved it just as much as Willsy does.
Willsy of course continues to swing on his belly, using his wonderful imagination. A super hero one day, Godzilla the next. Flying through danger and thunderstorms, he always saves the day.
He is Mr. Social Butterfly, always plays and makes new friends easily. I hope this quality stays with you forever because it surely makes me smile, all the time.
We continue to make memories in our favorite places, as the uncertainty of our move is constantly lingering. To add to the mix of it all, there might be a chance Lew is transferred to Chicago. I know. I know. So crazy.
It wouldn't be our life, if there wasn't a little chaos involved.
Sunday, August 19, 2012
I am thankful that I was able to get you into your preschool, because again, we are still here. You love school and being with friends is a great outlet for you. I have to admit, I will miss you those first couple of days. You will get to go for lunch bunch and spend the whole afternoon at school, like the big kid you have become.
And because this summer has been low key, no vacation was had. Daddy and I decided we needed a getaway. So, we are headed to the Outer Banks in two weeks! I love sharing a place like the Outer Banks with you because this is where I spent a lot of my summers growing up. You will get to fish, build sand castles, and most importantly dig and swim in the pool. Can't wait to spend this time with you, my sweet Bubsy.
Eli...Where to begin. You are something special. Definitely the baby. Always wanting mommy to hold you. But, if Willsy is around, forget it. You would rather be close to him and do what he is doing. It is the best of both worlds. I have a feeling you will be easy to potty train because you will want to do what Will does. Thank goodness for that.
You are still not the best sleeper. Part of it, I know is that you need your own room. You will go a couple nights, sleeping all the way through. Then you just randomly wake up and want me to hold you and give you a bottle. I know that you will start to sleep through the night on your own. There are nights when I do ignore the crying and you fall back asleep, it is so hard when you are right there though.
You love to eat. You can almost eat as much as your brother! The only thing you haven't loved so far is pears. Maybe it is the grainy texture. Not sure. You love protein for sure. Chicken, hamburger, turkey, roast beef. I think you might be a meat and potatoes kind of guy.
You are a bruiser, which is the nick name that Nana gave you. You get into everything, climb everything, try and walk everywhere. You are a VERY adventurous little baby!
Willsy and Eli...My wish right now is that you grow up to be best friends. That you support and love one another, no matter what. I love you both, always more than air.
Monday, August 13, 2012
Saturday, August 11, 2012
Monday, August 6, 2012
Friday, August 3, 2012
Happy Friday and weekend!
Wednesday, August 1, 2012
But. I have been struggling. Sleep deprivation is something that I can manage but not for 9 months.
And neither can my weight. I am currently holding on to my last 5 "eli" pregnancy pounds. I am so over it. I work out. I eat healthy, most of the time. I preach to my clients about eating right, getting enough sleep, and doing the right amount of exercise.
I never thought I would be in that position where I am struggling to lose pregnancy pounds. Now I can relate to my "mom" clients. In a way its a good thing. Show them what works. Frankly, I really haven't found that magic ticket yet.
With lack of sleep, I am not working out like I did before Eli. I am doing what I can at this point. I am probably not eating enough, considering I try to shovel food in my face while feeding the boys. Which, just doesn't work.
I need to find my time again, my motivation, and possibly get some sleep so my metabolism speeds up again. UGH.
So, to all my fellow moms out there, I understand. The jeans fit but just not the same. Yoga pants feel better because your stinkin' exhausted, and frankly why disappoint yourself trying to fit into those jeans.
I think I just might repeat the mantra, "Sleep through the night, Eli" over and over while doing yoga. Maybe that's the ticket.
Monday, July 30, 2012
If you have ever thought of donating your hair, I highly recommend it. It can help so many, who REALLY need it. After all, it does grow back.
Monday, July 23, 2012
Thursday, July 19, 2012
Life has been crazy lately. Not our normal summer. Because of the move looming, I have been trying to do special things with you. But, you seem to be into your toys lately. Making "movies" and letting your imagination run wild. Sometimes not needing mommy so much.
I just wanted you to know that I love you so much and thanks for handling this big transition so well.