Monday, October 11, 2010

He's Expecting Rain . . .

I never thought I would stick a half naked picture of Willsey on the blog and I am sure in the future he won't be to happy but it does have a purpose.

You see, my little bubsy is in the process of potty training. I tried to get serious a couple months ago but then just decided he would let me know when he really was ready. Well. We have gotten to that point.

At night before bed I try and get him to go potty hoping that he will not take off his diaper but he usually ends up like the picture above. I need to try and nip the whole diaper taking off at night in the bud because he is wetting himself and his bed and sometimes the floor! I have put his potty in his room hoping this would help if he felt like he had to go and its not really working. Maybe I should try a pull up at night. Not sure. Any ideas?

For now I will laugh and smile when I see my little bubsy sleeping in his rain boots, waiting for the rain.

10 comments:

Audrey said...

We're potty training our 2 year old too and the diaper removal is definitely not helped by the use of a pull-up. Maybe for the first week, but then they figure out how to pull their goods up out of the top and you get fun mysterious puddles on the other side of the bed where they mastered the ark. Or they just figure out how to get the sides off. The only thing that helps for us is putting shorts/pants on him to sleep in. Bubsy might be old enough to take his pants off, I don't know. But it's what works for us. :D

Bethany said...

priceless!!!

Dee said...

bwahahaha! That is too funny!

Clare said...

we are actually still struggling with this. bradley still sleeps with a pull up, and we have tried to get him to use the bathroom but he is such a deep sleeper. our doc said that it is genetic and try not to push it. i am hoping this winter we can get it figured out!

KLZ said...

Those rain boots are definitely the icing on the cake. I mean, who could sleep with wet feet?

Liz said...

I know people who have duct taped the overnight diaper on. Sounds crazy, but it might be what you need!

Hannah said...

LOL, that picture is hilarious! We use pull-ups and they work great. Myles is potty trained but still doesn't always wake up during the night. He is a heavy sleeper. Most of the time he wakes up in the morning dry but often enough he still goes in the pull-up at night. I think that night time is the hardest time!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

What a cutie.

We didn't have that problem at night (with the one that's been potty trained)..the second will take hers off and the drop of a hat.

Maybe put it on backwards and he'll be too tired to mess with it at night?

Or try a pullup?

Anonymous said...

We took footed jammies and put them on backwards. Sammy is skinny enough we just twist the feet around the right direction and then the zipper is still in the back.. that works pretty good until he stopped doing it! yay on potty training!

Brandi said...

LOOOOOVE the pic! OMGoodness, that is so funny!

Well... [and this is completely disgusting] none of my guys have ever taken off their diaper. That is, until BB. He was taking off his diaper when it was wet, so I started him in pullups 2 weeks ago. I think it's still pretty early for him to be training, but he seems to be showing signs of being ready. It's hard to tell if it's the real deal or if he'll lose interest.

A few days ago he was laying under the dining room table and when I walked by he stuck his hand up to show me something. He had something dark smeared all over his hand. Stupid me reached down and touched his hand before I realized what it was. Yep. He had stuck his hand in his pullup and had poop all over his hand. Thank goodness he didn't take the pullup off. I had to go stick him in the tub and I was soooo grossed out. HAHA!

Good luck! :)