Friday, May 25, 2012

a memory of you...

I was thinking about that night you broke your foot over two years ago this morning.  Maybe because I am bit sleep deprived, maybe because those were the days of just you and I.  There was no Eli.  I was so scared for you, and you handled it all like a trooper.

A rush to night time peds and a doctor that tried to make you walk on it.  I was a mess.  Sobbing and wishing daddy wasn't at work.  Of course you couldn't walk on it and you looked to me like, "is this man crazy?"  Yes.  He was.  Obviously didn't have kids.  I told the doctor, enough was enough.  Let's get the xray done and find out what the deal was.

You were not happy about that.  It was the first time that we had to put you in one of those papoose restraints.  Not. Fun.  Turns out it was broken.  They wrapped you up in a make shift cast for your tiny foot and the next day we would have to go to an orthopedic doctor and get the real thing on.

It was late when we got home and the doctors were concerned that you would try and take the cast off.  So, me being the paranoid first time mom, I grabbed my pillow and blanket and slept next to your crib on the floor.  A little Tylenol and you were out.  I tossed and turned all night, feeling horrible that my almost 2 year old broke his foot.  Morning came and the sun burst through your window, all the while you were looking through your crib smiling at your over protective mommy.  Having you wake up smiling, made me feel a lot better.

I know memories will come and go but this is one that I will remember forever.  I'm just glad that you will not remember that night and the next day.  Some memories are better left to mommy.

I love you always Willsy, more than air.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh poor sweet boy.. it must have been scary for you! I am glad he healed up so well!

amanda said...

really two whole years ago?? how crazy is that!! time sure does fly!!

Barbara said...

Two years ago, what a memory!