Friday, February 15, 2013

Date Night...Long overdue!

Lew and I unfortunately do not get out much for movies like we used to.  Before the boys, we were at the movies every week.  I guess you could totally call us "movie buffs".  We love pretty much any genre, but especially like the comedies.

So when I was able to work with My Blog Spark and General Mills, and get free movie tickets, I totally jumped at the chance.  A night out after the last couple of crazy months is definitely in order.

I lovingly/conned Lew into seeing Safe Haven, the new Nicholas Sparks flick on Valentine's day.  HA!  It was so packed and crazy with teenage girls, I was almost wondering what I got myself into.  Kicking our seats and tweeting to their bff's pictures of themselves seeing the movie.  Kind of hilarious and it made me wonder if we had all that social media when I was a teenager, would I have done the same thing?  Probably!

Anyway, the movie was amazing!  After all, who doesn't love a chick flick.  Plus, the compared it to having the same kind of passion as The Notebook.  I didn't think it quite lived up to that status, because in my book, Ryan Gosling is a lot cuter than Josh Duhmal.  The storyline was similar to the book and was believable. I will definitely watch this movie again with my sister.  She and I love all the mushy-ness and I know she probably won't go to the theater to see it. 

How did Lew do?  Well, he enjoyed it.  Surprisingly!  He even laughed at a couple of the parts.  So, it definitely was a win win for the both of us.  I got to see a movie I wanted and we both got a night out together, thanks to our emovie tickets, General Mills and My Blog Spark.

Was hoping to get some pictures of me and hubs, with our night at the movies, but my phone was dead.  Lew's blackberry doesn't take the best photos, so we will just have to remember the great time out!

Thanks to General Mills and My Blog Spark.

General Mills provided me with a free product, information and gift pack through MyBlogSpark.  No other compensation was given.

No comments: