Monday, February 11, 2013

To Will...

I am feeling kind of deflated today. Two weeks ago your teacher said you were doing great. That all of our practicing of letters and numbers seemed to be helping.
When I picked you up today and noticed there wasn't a practiced writing sheet in your box, I knew something was up. It seems you are not grasping the fine motor skills. That you are not emotionally where the rest of your peers are. I have always known that you are super sensitive. Your feelings get hurt easily, because you care so deeply.
Your teacher had been spending extra time with you, but she said you get too upset when you have to leave your friends and practice. She doesn't want you to be upset with her. Now you are going to get evaluated by the school district. I have to say, I am so glad you don't know what's going on. Because, Willsy I am hurting a million times over for the both of us. You are so amazingly special, and so smart! You have an engineering mind, so imaginative, and your memory is outstanding. Right now I can't help but think your teacher has looked over how incredible you are. Because you are amazing.
I am just curious as to why your preschool in MD never said any of this. You were a social butterfly there, loved school and never wanted to leave. I'm not sure if the school was academically behind, I just don't know. I keep questioning myself. But, I have always had your best interests at heart. You are my everything.
Just know this. What ever happens, we will work through it together.

I am your biggest advocate, your fighter, your mama bear, and I love you mta.

4 comments:

Christy said...

He is so young still. Don't stress about it too much. Some kids are just late bloomers.

Porgie is a very academically inclined kid. She was reading and writing from a young age. But Izzy? It is like pulling teeth to get him to do ANYTHING. He just has more important stuff to do - like torture his sister or jump off the furniture or pretend that a stick is a sword. He is only 5, so I just try to go with flow.

Natalie said...

Awww hugs to you momma! My boys are still young so I haven't gone through this but I know that would hurt me too...hang in there!

amanda said...

thinking of you mama...

Liz Mays said...

You are such a sweet mama! I hope the testing goes well and your sweet boy gets some answers. Hugs!