- Will is two stickers away from getting a prize out of the treasure box at school. to say the least, he is over the moon excited. It took him a while to understand why his friends were getting stuff. Having to explain waiting and patience to a 5 year old is somewhat impossible.
- Eli got his third hair cut. His hair grows so fast, exactly like his name sake, my pape. We are keeping it somewhat long because, he just has the most beautiful hair!
- Will got a big boy bike and decided he wanted to try it without training wheels, in the rain. Umm...let's say we didn't get far. I was running around holding the back of the seat and trying to keep him balanced. Brings me back to when I first learned. My brother taught me. He was so proud, that he had me do a grand entrance onto our street past our house. My mom, pape, sisters and of course my brother were watching me zoom, wobbly down the street with the look of determination. From there on out, they all called me the wicked witch because of that look on my face, slightly hunched over my bike....I can totally hear that Wizard of Oz song in my head now. It's quite amazing what things we choose to remember, I guess the smile on my family's faces said it all.
- Eli knows three words. Well one, since the the pediatrician said mom and dad don't count...what? His third word, Einstein. As in Baby Einstein. I know! Not Willsy, not milk, not drink, not bye bye. Einstein. My sister said, he just knows what he likes. When he's an adult, I am sure he will get a kick out of it.
- Less pressure=a Willsy that is actually wanting to learn. We are finding creative ways to spark his interest in letters and numbers. It definitely seems to be helping. As far as the coloring and drawing goes....I have bought a ton of coloring books that he liked and he is actually sitting down for longer than 5 minutes. I have to tell myself, boys are just different.
- As soon as we get into the grocery store, Eli expects to have his bagel. I might have created a bad habit, but he is so good throughout the grocery shop! He usually will just kind of chew on it but, it's his special little treat. He actually whines if I don't head to the bakery first! A boy who knows what he wants.
- Will and I took a yoga class about a month ago. He didn't really get into it, but it got me thinking how I needed some zen in my life. So...I took up hot yoga, also known as Bikram. Only two classes in, but there is something kind of amazingly addicting about it. Yes. It's hot. About 110 degrees hot. But, in the first 5 minutes your body acclimates to it. I have never had this much stretching and lengthening in my fitness career. They say you burn about 500-1000 calories, which I can totally believe. It has tons of health benefits, supporting the immune system, clearing sinuses, helping with allergies and your metabolism. You come out of there feeling like you just went through a cleanse, its amazing. Kind of wish I had someone to go with me, but its nice to have my own time too.
- Snow. It's coming. Looks like on and off for three days. I love it, but I don't love driving in it. They don't cancel school unless there is like a foot or more on the ground. Kind of hoping there is a foot or more.
Good night friends...Namaste. (the zen in me had to come out)