Tuesday, December 14, 2010

thanks and inspiration . . .

First off, I just wanted to say thanks to so many of you that left really kind and heart felt comments on my last post. I definitely took it all in and am trying to stay positive, as my Pape would say, "Keep your eye on the prize." I know everything will happen in do time and I have to really sink that in to my heart that is so desperately wanting another little one.

One of my great bloggy friend's inspired me to really dive right into the Christmas spirit and just stay strong. She also inspired me to share some Christmas ornaments that mean so much to my family. Thanks Lindsay!


This is the newest to the collection, not a great pic sorry! But can you guess who it belongs to?

Whenever we go some where we always try and pick up something from that location. When we were in Door County, Wisconsin this summer we went to a little shop that makes hand made eggs. It was so cool and unique that I wanted everything in that shop! But this ornament stuck out because it is all the little towns in Door County. I wish we lived closer because we would definitely make this our summer retreat, it was such an amazing vacation!

Do you know what it is? It's a cabbage patch! I think my mom got this for me when I was about 5 0r 6 and it has always been the ornament I treasure the most. Every Christmas when we would decorate the tree, that was always the first one I would put on. She is the gem of my Christmas tree for sure!


Our retro Christmas ball is from Lew's grandfather who had it on his tree in the 40's! I just love the character it adds to the tree and all the memories it has seen and created.
So do you have any special ornaments that you have kept over the years?

4 comments:

Liz said...

this reminds me...i definitely want to do an ornament post!

Clare said...

i love all of those ornaments! so great, the cabbage patch doll brings back some memories!!

Anonymous said...

aww glad I inspired you to do this!! I love all of your ornaments and totally love the cabbage patch doll one :-)

Brandi said...

LOL! Of course his ornament is a train! ;)

I love all the keepsake ornaments. I've been collecting hand-painted glass ornaments for about 15 years and it's fun to pull them out every year and remember when I got them. I would love to get my hands on some of my grandparent's ornaments!