There are so many of us out there, either working from home or going out into the work force. I feel like I have a pretty great gig being able to be home with my boys but still train my clients part time. Some days, I must admit are harder than others and I wish in that moment that I was working! So I thought I would device a list of pros and cons to being a stay at home mom.
- You get to watch a lot of firsts
- You get to be with your children all the time
- No worries if your child is being well cared for at a daycare
- You get those all important years of youth that put endless smiles on your face
- Baking, crafting, tons of park time all at your own leisure
- No missing out on school functions
- Get to meet other sahm moms at child's preschool
- You get to be the one to help educate your little one
- Plenty of snuggle time
- Special moments of a movie and popcorn
- Errand and Grocery helper always on staff
- Always someone to talk to
- Always someone to have just one more cookie with
- Always someone to snuggle with, any time of the day
- You lose your identity
- You miss co-workers
- You wear yoga pants way too much even though they are comfy
- You can never have a moment of silence because you are constantly staring at baby monitor
- You are on. ALL. THE. TIME.
- Dishes are constantly staring you down along with the laundry you keep piling on your bed
- There is always an errand to run
- You are the one that has to go to the dreaded well baby check ups with the shots
- Since you are home, planning meals usually falls on you unless you involve a bbq
Those are just a few of the ones I was thinking of while I was doing one of my many stay at home mom items on my list like....cleaning the bath tub. UGH.
What would you add to your pro and con list?