Thursday, May 13, 2010

thank you pape . . . i love you .

Lately I have been not feeling so hot. I have gone to the doctors and they have run tests, so I am waiting on those. Stomach issues. No fun. So if I am on and off blogging, you will know why.

Last night I broke down and cried to my sister. I was just so tired of being sick and not knowing what the heck was going on with my insides.

Next thing you know I am getting a text message from my pape(dad) saying that he was going to come over and take me grocery shopping for "healthy/stomach friendly" foods. I can't remember the last time my dad has bought me groceries! But to hear that he was going to just come over made me feel a little better.

So this morning my dad and I went to my Safeway and picked up some stomach friendly food. Granted Lew had gone to the store and stocked up on enough Gatorade and chicken soup to feed the neighborhood, it still felt good to think of my pape as the "parent".

I think my pape has had a rough time trying to be one parent for four children because my mom was the rock. Granted we were older children but still looking after, caring, giving sound advice. I think he was unsure.

But today. Today, I felt loved. Today I felt like my mom was shining on me, showing my pape the way. To make me feel better. Thanks Pape. I love you more than air.

4 comments:

Brandi said...

That's so sweet! :)

Anonymous said...

awww so sweet So glad your Dad was able to make you feel a little better today!!

liz said...

You're dad is getting some love sent his way, and Father's Day isn't until next month! :)

Hope you get to feeling better!

Christy said...

I can relate to this because I have lots of tummy trouble too. I think most of my problems stem from my gallbladder. Not fun.