Friday, February 26, 2010
This is like a second birthday gift for him. Since his birthday falls in the middle of winter it makes it really hard to plan something for a 2 year old. We were planning for him to go to a jump zone. Then the whole broken foot messed that plan up. So we knew when it got nice that we would take him on a train adventure. Daddy did a little research on Thomas's web site and found out that Thomas will be in our area!
CSN, is a collection of 200+ stores (tons more about them here), is sponsoring a review here at Happenings of a Little Bubba. We are so excited to do it! Cookware.com is one of their stores, and while checking out their site, I was super impressed by the selection and even prices that they had available on a variety of kitchen items.
In our house, I typically do the cooking which is a good thing. Lew is not much of a cook! We try and live a very healthy lifestyle and I try and cook that way as often as possible. While our palates (ours more than Will's) are flexible and I love to try different kinds of cuisine, I tend to stick with what my mom or sisters have taught me over the years. Which is a lot of the same, chicken stir fry with veggies or other variations of that. For Will's sake, I keep it simple! I use my one stir fry pan a lot and it is beginning to see its day. But you know it is hard to part with an old faithful. I use it for everything. A little olive oil and throw the veggies in and you are good to go.
That is why I am so excited to be featuring this awesome one above in a review in an upcoming post. It’s a Rachael Ray Porcelain Enamel 10" Open Skillet in Blue, and I cannot wait to cook some of my mom's recipes in it!
Thursday, February 25, 2010
While being sick I came totally obsessed with watching Dr. Oz. Don't ask me why. But he actually is quite interesting. I think I am going to check out one of his books at the library.
The morning after Will got sick. We went to the store to get some extra cleaning supplies, lot of good that did. Anyway Will saw McDonald's and said he wanted french fries. Is this kid for real? I can barely look at a food commercial when I am sick.
Will is slowly beginning to walk again after the cast removal. I was kind of hoping he would walk faster but getting sick definitely slowed us down. We would walk around the neighborhood but there is still SNOW everywhere. Yesterday we attempted to and it took us about 45 minutes!
Will got a new bed in preparation for eventually switching to a toddler bed.
2 weeks tell the Wee Sale! If you have not heard me talk about it before it is a huge consignment sale that is held everything spring and fall here where we live. They have everything! I am able to put Will in boutique clothes for half the cost. So excited for it!
Haven't posted any pictures yet of Will's new haircut or his cast less leg because he has not been in the mood lately. When I tell him to smile, he looks the other way. I think the two's are definitely here.
Sorry for this somewhat lame post. I promise they will be better next week. Maybe even some pictures.
Wednesday, February 24, 2010
Wednesday, February 17, 2010
Monday, February 15, 2010
Sunday, February 14, 2010
Thursday, February 11, 2010
Wednesday, February 10, 2010
- So tired of giving Will sponge baths! I am seriously hoping his ortho doc is not closed tomorrow from all this snow. I want the cast off!
- We got 27 inches of snow this past weekend and right now I am looking at MORE snow coming down...maybe 20 more inches. Lucky us.
- Since Will has had the cast on he has become very stubborn when it comes to cleanliness. Doesn't want to get his ears cleaned, doesn't want to wash his hands, and hates the sponge bath. He says, "All clean" over and over. It is pretty hilarious but starting to get old. I feel bad for him.
- I did something to my knee while shoveling the last snow and am afraid it might require a doctor visit. I can usually shake off knee pains and what not but it is still hurting.
- I am going to make chicken soup today. Why not. Also going to make cookies. Again, why not. I think we might be stuck for days!
- Will repeats pretty much everything we say these days. His favorite word to say though is, "Awesome".
- Just watched Time Travelers Wife last night...it was good. Not as good as I thought it would be. But I love Rachel McAdams. Super talented.
- Reading a pretty unknown book called, Come Sunday and I can't put it down. Really good!
Well...that's all I got. Sorry it is not much. Hopefully I will be able to post a pic tomorrow of a castless Will. Please!
Monday, February 8, 2010
Friday, February 5, 2010
Wednesday, February 3, 2010
But when I opened the package of the Target brand and saw the cute green and blue polka dots on them, I knew I had a winner. Everyone who saw him in the diapers wondered who made them and where they could get them. Like they were some kind of designer diaper.
Not only are these diapers cheaper than the other brands they don't leak! We have not had one accident.
Then just last week, I was in need of diapers and did not have time to run by Target. So I ended up getting him Pampers at the grocery store. Let me tell you, 3 nights in a row Will wet himself and we had to have a pj change. Not fun for him or me.
I am not reviewing this product but would totally do it because Target's Up diapers are the best by far! Kudos to you Target for making this mommy super happy!
What kind of diapers do you use? Have you tried Target's diapers? Would love to hear.