Monday, February 21, 2011

Bring on Spring

Clare at Naptime Novels has inspired me to find my inner craftiness! She is like the queen of all things crafty. Seriously talented.

I decided I would jump on the bandwagon and get started on a spring wreath, in hopes it might come sooner!

I started off with a bunch of bright and "spring" like colors. Cut them about 5 inches long and then bunched them together in groups of 6 or 7. Make a loop out of each ribbon and pin them together and pin on to styrofoam wreath. I wrapped the wreath in a plain but bright color ribbon, securing it with pins. Then you just pin the groups of ribbon along the wreath. The "S" is wire and then just wrapped in ribbon. I did use a hot glue gone to secure the ribbon on. Love that added touch!

EASY PEASY!

Next time I think I will use the 16'' wreath, I used the 14'' here and it would look a little better bigger.

Thanks for the inspiration Clare!

7 comments:

Ma What's 4 dinner said...

Ooooh, it's beautiful. I love it. I could really use some spring time right about now.

Thank you for your kind words about our dog, Guinness. Hearing everyone's words of encouragement and sympathy has been really helpful.

Hope you're having a Happy Presidents Day!

Lots of yummy love,
Alex aka Ma, What's For Dinner?
www.mawhats4dinner.com

Anonymous said...

cute!!!! I hope it brings spring sooner as well! I made Sammy a pair of pants today.. they are pretty terrible.. but they stay on and he LOVES them so I think if I measured and used a tutorial I would be a lot better off! :-P

Dee said...

ohhhhh, I love it! Great job! :)

amanda said...

adorable!

Clare said...

look at you getting crafty!!! i love it:))

Callie said...

Adorable! It makes me want to put on flip flops despite the expected 4-8inches of snow we're supposed to get.
Really cute!

Colleen said...

Coming over from Naptime Novels - love your wreath! Very pretty.