Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Pour Your Heart Out- Blogging style

I began blogging way back in the spring of 2008, primarily so my friends and family were able to keep track of Willsey.

But, then I started reading more blogs and it became an obsession to read about other moms and their children in their daily lives. That's what I loved about blogging. It was about real life and all the blogs I visited had tons of pictures and told funny stories about mommy hood.

Some of the blogs that I loved and still love and have never changed their way of blogging are, Lifelong Playdate (one of the first blogs I ever read)...she is a private and awesome blogger. McMommy Chronicles who just recently stopped blogging, totally miss her. Bytes of Memory with Lindsay, who always has great recipes and the cutest pictures of her little guy, Sammy. Naptime Novels with Clare, whom I mentioned yesterday is the queen of craftiness. Another favorite is Mary at Francie and Maisie and now Janie, she is an amazing mom and business owner x 3. I found Mary while at Steece's Pieces which is another favorite of mine. Suz has quads and they are total cuties!

What I am getting to is, I am glad that I have not really changed the way I blog. I am still a mommy blogger, but with the real life aspects of it all. I feel like blogging has changed so much, in good ways and in bad ways. I like showing pictures of Willsey and the "happenings" of him.

The occasional giveaway and entering a contest is nice but I still want to keep perspective of why I started. Which is to share in the rainbow and unicorn moments along with the stormy, dark cloud moments of motherhood with other mom bloggers. Which, I appreciate so much!

I have to say I have met some pretty amazing and fantastic mommy bloggers out there that I call friends even though I haven't met them in real life.

So, to all my bloggy friends out there, thanks for always keeping it real.

Now go check out Shell, who is one of those amazing, mommy bloggers.


10 comments:

Oka said...

I think it is great that you are sticking to what you started. I also understand change. Many people do change in their life and I think their blogs need to reflect those changes.

Anonymous said...

Keeping it real is important in my opinion! Change happens, but as long as it reflects the changes going on in your life I don't think it affects your loyal readers much!

Annie said...

I actually created a personal blog that my mom and family do not know about so I can write from my heart - just like Shell did. I love that blogging allows us to share what is in our heart and mind!

It was nice to meet you! My blog is AnniesHeart.com See you around!

Shell said...

And I'm glad that you haven't changed!

Mine has changed some since I started...but I try to keep my extra stuff on the weekends and then do my regular stuff during the week. It's the balance I've come up with!

Anonymous said...

Aww loved this post! I love all of the wonderful relationships I have created through blogging!

Clare said...

this is so funny that you just wrote this. i just added 'link within' to my blog, and i keep clicking on old posts. it is amazing how many years we have been 'peaking' in on each other's lives! i love it too my friend!!!

Kim said...

I think it's the best advice I read a few years ago about blogging - write what you know. It's what I've strived for too that last three years.

Unknown said...

while not a "mommy blogger" I've struggled with keeping with the authenticity and integrity to which I started blogging. Which was to chronicle more of the everyday life, and not just reviews and giveaways. That's really great that you've remained constant... as I'm trying to get back to my basics right now! I'm happy to have found you through PYHO, and am now following your "Happenings"

amanda said...

yay for blogging :)

KLZ said...

I think authenticity is key. If what you're saying is honest, people will know. Otherwise, I stop reading.