Thursday, February 3, 2011

a letter to you . . .

I remember wanting you to come out and show your sweet, sweet baby face. Wanting to know if you looked like me or your daddy. You came a week before your due date, only because I wanted you out. I could have waited, but I have no patience. At all. When I think about it now, I could have held out one more week, but the 23rd of January sounded like a wonderful birthday for my little man.

I was in labor for 11 hours and pushed for half that time. Unfortunately, your little shoulder was caught and the great nurse Molly was there to help you maneuver out. It definitely was not a fun experience for me, but I knew what my end result would be. You.

In fact as soon as you came out, all I could say was, "Oh, my GOD!" Over and over. On video it is hilarious to hear and your Aunt Mimi and I still laugh about it. I am guessing I was just happy with the 5 hours of pushing being over.

You had dark hair, just like me when I was born. 8lbs. 3 oz. and 20 inches long. If we would have waited a week, you probably would have been over 9lbs, which most likely would have resulted in a c-section. You were already so big for me to push out. I am so thankful Dr. H was willing to induce.

Daddy got to change your first poo, which made him think he could get out of changing all poopy diapers. That didn't happen.

Aunt Mimi was there for the whole thing, and I am so thankful because I am not sure I could have done it. She is an amazing sister and aunt to you and I.

We brought you home on a very blustery, cold day. For the first day at home, you and I snuggled in bed all day. We were both exhausted.

I had no idea what I was in store for. I was totally winging it. You'll understand when you become a parent.

Now, three years later, I am even more excited and thrilled to be your mom. You are such a smart, funny little guy. We call you the jokester because you truly crack us up! We call it the "Will" show. You pretty much run the house, and I am okay with it. You love your blankets. One your great grandma got you, one a friend got you, and another from one of my client's. They are just as special to me as they are to you. Not so sure you will give them up anytime soon and I am okay with that too.

Every time I give you a kiss, you tell me you love me. Sometimes you even say, so much mommy. Which totally melts my heart. You are definitely a little lover, which makes me nervous for those teenage years! All my clients, say you are such a little heart breaker, great! Just promise me you will follow your daddy's ways and be a gentleman. I know you will.

You love so many things, but at the top of the list is definitely trains, then maybe mommy. You love every little thing about trains, you love to watch the wheels turn, Uncle Kevin says you will be very mechanical. I think so too. Another love of yours, blueberries. You can sit and eat a whole container at one sitting. I think this summer we will venture to a blueberry farm, just for you.

I know, I have gone on and on. I feel like I could tell the story of Will and never get tired of it. You are the sweetest, most lovable little guy I know. Every time I am away from you, I miss you so much. Your bright blue eyes and your cheesy smile make my day, everyday.





Happy 3rd Birthday Willsey Bubsy, I love you more than air.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oo what a sweet letter!! I know Will love reading this when he is older!!

Bethany said...

gave me goosebumps!! love the old photos. too sweet!!

amanda said...

sweet sweet letter mama :)

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Awww...such a sweet letter.

Please, please tell them to stop growing. It's crazy the changes that take place in just 3 short years.