Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Midnight Snacking? Who doesn't like it?

I have come to realize that all of you moms are right. I think that Will is extra hungry at night. Last night when he woke up at 3:30am(well today), his little tummy was growling.


But maybe he is going through a growth spurt, right? During the day he is eating 8 oz. every 4 hours. In the morning he usually has cereal or some sort of Gerber organic baby food. Then in the late afternoon he usually has another wonderful choice of Gerber baby food with his afternoon bottle. Ladies he is eating it all too! Sometimes he grunts and now we have called him our little Raptor because he makes all these loud noises, that sound relatively close to that of a dinosaur. He will be eating his food and then stop and make these noises. Then goes back to eating. It is the funniest thing. We will have to get on video soon.


So...I told myself that I will continue to wake up for my sweet Will in the middle of the night and for go sleep so that my little man will thank me one day when he is the quarterback for the Chicago Bears! When he wins the Superbowl he will say, " I want to thank my mom for always giving me my midnight snack that made me what I am today. Thanks Mom!"

4 comments:

amanda said...

not gonna lie, there is a part of me that actually misses the midnight snack. now don't get me wrong i LOVE my full nights of sleep now, but there was something super special about that extra snuggle time :)

enjoy it!!

A Crafty Mom said...

definitely could be a growth spurt - this is an age where they often go thru it (5/6 months old). You could try more in his bedtime bottle, maybe? Leah is waking earlier than normal, not 3:00 but 6:00 - still not that fun, lol!!! I wonder if she's having a growth spurt too.

If he's QB for Bears I'll be sure to get superbowl tickets that year :-)

Andrea@Sgt and Mrs Hub said...

Judah was the same way... maybe a boy thing?? My boy ate like there was no tomorrow and I indulged him. He started on cereal at 2 months (I know!) because I wasn't producing enough milk to satisfy him. So he nursed AND had cereal every day - he was a chow hound!
When he was between one and two I would give him a bottle at night with some protein powder in it. He was hungry and growing! And I wasn't about to deny him sustenance.

I think you are doing the right thing, Jenny. Enjoy the middle of the night loving you get to have. It ends far too soon.

-Andrea

McMommy said...

High five from me!! I'm telling you...your mommy's instinct won't steer you wrong!