Monday, July 14, 2008

OUR BIG NEWS!

Ok..so there is no baby on the way...thank goodness! Maybe in a couple of years. At least 3, that way Will is potty trained and self sufficient, somewhat. What 3 year old is self sufficient though?

Anyway, back to the news at hand.It all happened right after Will was born in January. Our landlord called us and let us know that he would be selling his condo because he could not make his payments. Well, that is exactly the news that you do not want to hear after just having a baby, and loving where you are currently living.

To make this story go a little quicker, the other day a huge packet of papers were dropped off. It was not in a folder or anything and on the front of it, it had our landlords name and some attorneys names. Then it said FORECLOSURE!

So...our landlord has been taking our money and then NOT paying his mortgage. Nice huh?! Lew and I have been going back and forth since January deciding where we would move and when we would move. Our lease is up at the end of July and we have always wanted to move to Texas. But unfortunately right now is not the time, with student loans and such to still pay off.

With that we have decided to move to Chicago!! Yes, I know it is a big surprise. I am still in a little shock because I have been a east coast girl my whole life. But Lew has family and friends there and he is able to transfer his work there. It will be nice to be close to his mom and for Will to have a grandparent around. We will have a lot of support there and I can finish school online and get a job training and not have to worry about Will going to some stranger or to some daycare. (not offending any mom who sends there child to daycare, nothing wrong with it, but if you can stay home with your little one, that is awesome!)

Can you believe this though, that our landlord has not even called us to tell us that his place is being foreclosed? I mean I would think that he would since he has told us everything else! What gets me to, is that he has had at least 100 showings and no one has even made an offer on the place. The other day Will and I were out when there was a showing and I saw this woman and a 3 or 4 year old go in also. When I came back to our condo, almost 40 minutes later, Will's toys had been moved all over the house, someone sat on our bed ( i know b/c i am fanatic about making my bed neat). Then they sat at our dining room table, outside on our deck, with our dog Ella. Plus they left every light on in the house and all the closet doors were open! I was so annoyed! I know I kind have gotten off the path of us moving to Chicago, but I had to throw this in there, since that really set me off.

We will be moving at the beginning of August, so it is soon! We just started packing and I hate it! I have started throwing stuff away and selling stuff on ebay that we have not used because I just can't stand all the stuff. Most of it is Lew's! He is a horrible pack rat! He cannot get rid of anything.

I am sure I will be filling you in on more details of our big move to come. But here is a little something to enjoy...

Skyline of downtown Chicago


Two week old Will...Already a Chicago Bears fan!

3 comments:

A Crafty Mom said...

OMG Jenny, that is really huge! Holy cow - moving in August - that is right around the corner! I'm sure it will be great for you guys and Chicago is a really terrific city. Good luck with all the packing (and getting rid of stuff)!! Make sure you put Will to work packing a few boxes :-)

Unknown said...

That is GREAT news! Huge news! I am so excited for your new adventures, Jenny!! You must be so excited! I have always wanted to go to Chicago, too! I can't wait to see pics and hear all the stories you'll be sharing.
I hope one day you will get to move to Texas. Leo is from there and we lived in San Antonio a few years ago.
Again, sweetie, congratulations!!! I am sooo happy for you and your family!

Megan said...

I'm late to the party, but I wanted to say Congrats and Good Luck! What a huge undertaking for all of you. Chicago sounds like a great place, can't wait to hear all about it. :-)